Polity Plus Module 2020
General Studies (Pre cum Mains)-2020
Polity Plus Module Programme Highlights :
- Classes will be taken by Kapil Sikka
- The programme has been divided into 40 classes (2.5 hr/class). Effort will be made to cover each and every aspect of syllabus in these classes.
- Syllabus covered: GS Paper II Topics (Polity + Governance + Social Justice) + GS Paper III (Internal Security + Disaster Management) + GS Paper I (Post Independence India)
1. Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure. • Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein. • Separation of powers between various organs dispute redressal mechanisms and institutions. • Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other countries • Parliament and State Legislatures – structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these. • Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary Ministries and Departments of the Government; pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity. • Salient features of the Representation of People’s Act. • Appointment to various Constitutional posts, powers, functions and responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies. • Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies
2. Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation. • Development processes and the development industry- the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders
3. Disaster and disaster management.
4. Internal Security
• Linkages between development and spread of extremism.
•Role of external state and non-state actors in creating challenges to internal security.
• Challenges to internal security through communication networks, role of media and social networking sites in internal security challenges, basics of cyber security; money-laundering and its prevention
• Security challenges and their management in border areas; linkages of organized crime with
• Various Security forces and agencies and their mandate.
5. Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
40 Classes for time bound preparation of Prelims
- The programme will include 2 Tests. (Mains Format)
- Duration : 3 Classes/week
- Module Fee : 9999 + 18% GST = 11800 (Offline + Online)
- Orientation Class will be Conducted on 4 Nov 2019 @5 PM
- Click here to buy this Programe