General Studies (Pre cum Mains)-2019Polity Module Programme Highlights
- Classes will be taken by Kapil Sikka
- The programme has been divided into 30 classes (2-2.5 hr/class). Effort will be made to cover each and every aspect of syllabus in these classes.
- Syllabus covered: GS Paper II Topics
- Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure. • Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein. • Separation of powers between various organs dispute redressal mechanisms and institutions. • Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other countries • Parliament and State Legislatures – structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these. • Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary Ministries and Departments of the Government; pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity. • Salient features of the Representation of People’s Act. • Appointment to various Constitutional posts, powers, functions and responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies. • Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation. • Development processes and the development industry- the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders
- The programme will include 4 Tests. (2 Prelims + 2 Mains)
- Duration: around 50 days (3 Classes/week)
- Module Fee: 9,000/- (including taxes)
- Orientation Class will be Conducted on 22nd Jan @2 PM
- Online : 8,000/-(including taxes)
- Note: students can also merge Internal Security Module with this batch by paying Rs. 1000/- only.